With the beginning of transplanting seedlings, summer residents have such a problem as the fight against a small parasite – aphids. Aphids breed very quickly and cause great harm to the future crop. There are 25 ways to breed aphids, using the most safe and environmentally friendly methods.
The mechanical method of controlling the parasite
The advantage of this method is its safety. The processing of plants and fruit trees is carried out using non-toxic chemicals that do not pose a threat to humans and plants. The disadvantage is the short duration. Over the summer season will require several such treatments.
- Vodka. Pour into a spray bottle and treat the affected areas.
- Laundry soap. 200 g finely chop and dissolve in 10 l of water.
- Ammonia alcohol. 1 tbsp dissolve in 10 l of water.
- Soda ash and soap. 40 g of soap mixed with 1 liter of water, pour 1 tablespoon into the resulting mixture. soda.
- Wood ash. 200-300 g pour 5 liters of boiling water. Let it brew, add a concentrated solution of laundry soap.
- Celandine. Finely chop 2-3 kg of grass and add a bucket of water. Insist 1-2 days. Before spraying mix with soapy water.
- Garlic. 3 heads of garlic (can be husked) pour 1 liter of hot water. After a day, dilute to 10 liters.
- Potato tops. 300 g of fresh tops pour 5 l of boiling water. Let it brew for 24 hours, strain, process the leaves and bark of fruit trees.
- Shoots of tomatoes. Fresh stepchildren tomatoes (300 g) pour boiling water and leave for 24 hours. Bring to 5 liters.
- Mustard. 6 tbsp dissolve in 1 bucket of water.
- Chamomile. 1 kg of pharmaceutical herbs to insist 12 hours, pour 10 liters of hot water. Before use, bring the solution to a proportion of 1 to 3.
- Tobacco. 1 kg of dry leaves pour 10 liters of hot water and let stand for 1 day. Strain, before watering, dilute 2 liters with one bucket of water.
- Citrus Peel. 1 kg is poured with 10 liters of warm water and kept for 3 days in a dark place.
- Young shoots of pine. Tightly pack them in a bucket to half. Fill a bucket with water and let it brew for a week. Before processing, bring the composition to a concentration of 1 to 10.
- Onion peel. 3 handfuls to brew 1 liter of boiling water. Allow to cool, constantly mixing, let it brew for 3-4 hours. Dilute to 5 liters.
- Nettle. Finely chop, fill the bucket on ⅓. Pour in water and leave for 1 day.
- Marigold. Cut with flowers, pour the mixture with water and let it brew for 2 days.
A natural method to remove aphids from the site is to change the biological environment. To do this, plant repellents are planted on the site, which repel aphids and attract birds and beneficial insects that destroy pests. This method is much more effective than mechanical, but much more laborious and expensive.
- Marigold. The peculiar aroma of a flowering plant repels the pest. In addition to aphids, it affects other pests of cultivated plants. It is recommended to plant between beds and holes of low varieties of vegetables.
- Rhubarb. Planted around the perimeter of the site. The plant is a natural pesticide and destroys aphids, even if the site is not treated. The composition of rhubarb includes a substance that the pest prefers to everyone else. When a leaf plant eats, aphids die.
- Elder. The plant repels not only harmful insects, but also rodents.
- Basil. Trap plant: attracting aphids with its smell, basil distracts its attention from vegetable crops.
- Rosemary. Attract pests, plant essential oils destroy their nervous system, and aphids die.
- Attraction of birds. Bird feeders are placed throughout the site. On a plot of 10 acres, 3-4 feeders are needed.
- Breeding beneficial insects. Red ants, ladybugs, female flies and common wasps feed on aphids, but do not pose a danger to cultivated plants.
- Fumigation with smoke. Apply in the fall for processing fruit bushes and trees. Smoke penetrates bark and destroys adults and larvae.
Thus, in order to remove aphids, it is not necessary to resort to chemicals.